Telephone: 01248 430132
The Dining Room
Dining at The Outbuildings is a friendly and relaxing culinary experience, and is open also to non-residents. We are delighted that The Outbuildings is featured in the 2014 edition of the Michelin guide to Great Britain & Ireland!
Francois Bernier, our island hopping chef has landed firmly on Anglesey (via Corsica and more recently Islay in the beautiful Scottish Hebrides) along with his wife and young family. Francois sources the best possible local ingredients and, as he puts it, “treats them with all due care and attention together with a generous pinch of heartfelt passion”. His modern and light style of cooking, as his name would suggest, has its roots deep in the classical French repertoire! Francois is assisted by Hilary who also runs an outside catering company The Rustic Gourmet.
Supper, Lunch or Light Meals
We are open seven days a week for dinner, and our small but perfectly formed lunch menu is available Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Booking is essential to
avoid disappointment! Please call 01248 430132 or email email@example.com. Please let us know in advance if you have any special requests or dietary requirments.
Dinner Menu for the Summer
We serve a menu chosen each morning with Francois over breakfast from the selection below, served with canapes and baskets of homemade bread and Welsh butter.
In July and August, everything is possible! To celebrate some of the most plentiful months of the year we have put together a “sun kissed menu” and devised a selection of starters and main courses to share.
Fresh Lobster, brown Crab and Langoustines are available, please speak to one of us to order and we will prepare them just the way you want!
- Smoked Mozzarella and peach salad with Balsamic dressing
- Fresh local Mussels, with fennel, tarragon and white wine
- Globe Artichoke and mature Teiffi soufflé, fresh summer leaves
- Baked Portobello mushrooms and Perl Las with Rocket
- Fresh seasonal Melon with Camarthen dry cured Ham
- Grilled fillet of fresh Mackerel, vegetable terrine, black grape dressing
- Roasted loin of local Salt Marsh lamb, fresh herb pesto, summer vegetables, honey & Madeira sauce
- Loin of Atlantic Cod, Earl Grey & Prune syrup, sweet beetroot and aubergine salad
- Pan fried Rump fillet of Prime Welsh beef, bone marrow butter, open leek ravioli
- Baked wild sea trout, devil’s fennel, spinach and caramelised hazelnuts
mushrooms and black olive cannelloni baked with Celtic Promise and sage
- Blackcurrant crepe soufflé with ice cream
- Macaroons, vanilla custard and summer berry Mess
- Cherry caramel pot, fresh cherries and hazelnut crust
- Strawberry and white chocolate cheesecake, dark chocolate Ganache
- A fine selection of Welsh cheeses
Or let us know if there is anything you would particularly like when you book and we will cook it for you!