Telephone: 01248 430132
The Dining Room
Dining at The Outbuildings is a friendly and relaxing culinary experience, and is open also to non-residents. We are delighted that The Outbuildings is featured in the 2014 edition of the Michelin guide to Great Britain & Ireland!
Francois Bernier, our island hopping chef has landed firmly on Anglesey (via Corsica and more recently Islay in the beautiful Scottish Hebrides) along with his wife and young family. Francois sources the best possible local ingredients and, as he puts it, “treats them with all due care and attention together with a generous pinch of heartfelt passion”. His modern and light style of cooking, as his name would suggest, has its roots deep in the classical French repertoire! Francois is assisted by Charlie who trained locally and who has lived and worked on Anglesey all his life.
Lunch and Afternoon tea
Whether you are looking for a traditional roast, a smoked fish platter, something hearty or something light, we serve lunches as well as afternoon tea every day.
As usual, we will let you discuss and arrange the menu with
Francois or Charlie at the time of booking so as to ensure that all likes and
dislikes are covered. This also give us the opportunity to make recommendations
with regard to what is at its best in terms of quality and seasonality.
01248 430132 or email email@example.com
Dinner Menu for the Autumn
We serve a set menu chosen each morning with Francois or Charlie over breakfast from the selection below, served with canapes and baskets of homemade bread and Welsh butter.
Following the light, almost frivolous,
sun kissed and carefree summer fare, Autumn is bringing more mature, serious, grown up and pungent ingredients...
A very dear friend of mine, also a chef sums it up with a simple quote:
“Autumn is wonderful..."
local Oysters, pickled fennel and crisp pork belly
- Perl – Las & wild mushroom pie, raw beetroot, elderflower berries & leaves
- Cullen Skink with a hint of Penderyn
- Pigeon breast, hazlenuts & roasted damson salad, Welsh honey & balsamic dressing
- Ballotine of guinea fowl with pistachios, toasted brioche, redcurrant & Port
& braised selected cuts of Welsh lamb “stwnch rwdan”, Victoria plums
- Medallions of monkfish, fresh clams, butternut squash purée, combava
- Prime steak of rump fillet “oxtail hash” bone marrow & Madeira butter
- Pan fried breast of local Partridge, confit of the leg, buttered cabbage, spiced pear
- Leek, lemon & cream linguini, mature Teifi, rocket & wild blackpepper
- Poached halibut, brown shrimps & beurre noisette
chocolate pot, Chantilly cream and madeleines
- Brioche & butter pudding, poached pear, tarragon ice cream
- Fresh fig clafouti, rosemary cream, Amaretto syrup
- Victoria plum and frangipane tartlet, poached meringue & crème Anglaise
- Fine selection of Welsh cheese, fresh fruits & biscuits
Please let us know if there is anything you would particularly like when you book and we will cook it for you!
"We just wanted to tell you what a great holiday we had this week....a really special thank you for fulfilling my desire to eat local lobster, in sourcing, creating menus, and coming in on your day off to give me a master class in lobster preparation...The Outbuildings certainly exceeded our expectations, and we will be back."
"Thank you for the excellent meal and evening at The Outbuildings last week. Everything was quite simply superb. Compliments to the chef and staff"